New here! I'm 40 and have literally never flown!

Share an anxiety moment on a commercial jetliner. The more details about your experience, the better. Please try to include relevant details including flight #, time of day, airliner, destinations, etc.
kassa

New here! I'm 40 and have literally never flown!

Post by kassa » Sun Nov 08, 2020 12:53 pm

already have horrible anxiety about driving and am fearful about flying. Mostly I fear the unknown. I don't know what it feels like or what to expect. I also am a very thorough planner. I need answers for ever detail of a trip. Very good friends of ours invited us to go on an amazing one week trip to Florida between Christmas and new year. We decided to take them up on their offer. We leave the day after Christmas at 3:15pm. I have 75days to prepare myself fully and I'm already feeling behind in my planning as well as anxious about what to expect.

*I'm worried about check in

*I'm worried about luggage sizes

*I'm worried about what's allowed to be packed/not allowed

*I'm worried about what size luggage I need for carry on

I'm a crazy mess

jenkins

Re: New here! I'm 40 and have literally never flown!

Post by jenkins » Sun Nov 08, 2020 1:00 pm

Just a couple days out and I keep doing stupid things like looking at air accidents and what caused them. I can’t believe how recent some of these were. With furloughs from COVID-19, is routine maintenance still taking place? I’m not afraid of turbulence, but I am afraid of bird strikes, fires, mechanical failures. I hope I can do this. I’m actually afraid to even pack right now! I have Xanax for the flight- I’ll probably use it for both, the short one to Chicago and definitely for the long one to Frankfurt. I’ve made this journey before so I’m not sure what the problem is this time.