Suggestions - I'm terrified!!

Share an anxiety moment on a commercial jetliner. The more details about your experience, the better. Please try to include relevant details including flight #, time of day, airliner, destinations, etc.
2cold

Suggestions - I'm terrified!!

Post by 2cold » Sun Nov 08, 2020 1:02 pm

Hi all... so next month my BFF wants to take me to Austin TX (from Sac, CA) on a trip - she’s even going so far to pay for it so i can’t say NO! Lol... (she knows I’m terrified of flying) This will be my very first flight. It’s actually in preparation for another flight next year for Hawaii. I’m so scared. I know it’s irrational, but nonetheless it’s still very real. I have kids at home... maybe that’s why I’m so terrified. To add to it... this is not a direct flight.. it’s SAC ▶️ HOU and then HOU ▶️ AUS 😰 So the thought of two takeoffs - two landings just to get there is making me freak even more. If the first time is a nightmare and then i have to do it again?!! She wants to fly overnight to have more time. I work nights, so the idea of “just sleep through it” doesn’t apply to me lol... infact, most times when I’m off I’m still awake during the night because my body is just programmed that way now.

I really don’t want to take medication but I’m thinking I really don’t have much choice... I don’t want to back out from fear or ruin the trip. Any suggestions or advice is greatly appreciated!

planessuck

Re: Suggestions - I'm terrified!!

Post by planessuck » Sun Nov 08, 2020 1:19 pm

So on September 13th it will be my first time flying by myself but my second time flying overall. I’m flying with American Airlines from Charleston WV to Dallas Texas and am nervous about seating I’m nervous I won’t fit but I’ve been looking at the seats and it looks like I should be fine can someone talk to me about it all