Very strong fear of flying

Share an anxiety moment on a commercial jetliner. The more details about your experience, the better. Please try to include relevant details including flight #, time of day, airliner, destinations, etc.
jaskson5er

Very strong fear of flying

Post by jaskson5er » Sun Nov 08, 2020 1:03 pm

I have a very strong fear of flying. The fear of heights, the fear of turbulence, the fear of being enclosed, the fear of getting blood clots....I mean my list can go on and on.

I flew once from Michigan to Florida and it was the scariest experience ever and I vowed to never get on another plane. My husband, is not afraid of anything and wants to be very adventurous and go new places but without me wanting to fly, that takes a lot of very cool places off the list. Specifically he wants to go to Ireland. That’s a dream vacation of his and oh how I wish I could go too. It’s a dream vacation of mine as well. What are some things that you all have done to get over extreme fear of flying? I would love to sit down with my husband one day and surprise him and say “let’s plan this Ireland vacation”

jaskson5er

Re: Very strong fear of flying

Post by jaskson5er » Sun Nov 08, 2020 1:04 pm

'm flying in the morning and have felt sick about it all day. What is this I'm seeing about people being able to track you? I have tried really hard to focus on the positives, think about my destination, read my fear of flying book. Nothing is working and my mind is racing. Thanks for letting me vent!