Airplane Turbulance app

Share an anxiety moment on a commercial jetliner. The more details about your experience, the better. Please try to include relevant details including flight #, time of day, airliner, destinations, etc.
2cold

Airplane Turbulance app

Post by 2cold » Sun Nov 08, 2020 1:14 pm

This app will predict air turbulence as its happening: https://apps.apple.com/us/app/turbulenc ... d486438834

I’m freaking out this morning. Checked my turbulence app and apparently it’s going to be bad. Someone help calm my nerves. It’s not that bad right ? And really how accurate are these? Pilots try to go around turbulence don’t they? My flight is arriving 15 minutes late too. Im like is that because of turbulence? Or they are going to fly around it.

rawdydog

Re: Airplane Turbulance app

Post by rawdydog » Sun Nov 08, 2020 1:18 pm

I’m sitting on my first flight post Covid. I love traveling and I often have to take long haul flights. The past few years I have experienced more and more panic attacks on board. My last flight in February was awful and a flight attendant held my hand almost the whole time. I usually cry, I feel like the ground is closer than what it actually is and I freak out at the slightest movement. I don’t want my flying experiences to be this way but I cannot control it. I never had a panic attack outside a plane. It only happens when I fly.

It really sucks. I’m already shaking and I know as soon as we prepare for take off I will start my usual crying shit-show.

I miss those years where flying was a relaxing experience.