Southwest Air 737 Fuselage Crack, Pressure Loss - Forced To Fly Low Altitude

Share an anxiety moment on a commercial jetliner. The more details about your experience, the better. Please try to include relevant details including flight #, time of day, airliner, destinations, etc.
planeanxiety
Site Admin

Southwest Air 737 Fuselage Crack, Pressure Loss - Forced To Fly Low Altitude

Post by planeanxiety » Mon Mar 16, 2020 12:38 pm

Pilots on Southwest Flight 1685 from Las Vegas to Boise, Idaho, descended to 22,000 feet Monday after receiving a pressure-drop alert for the cabin, the Dallas-based carrier said Friday. The action allowed the plane to maintain a safe pressure, the Federal Aviation Administration and Southwest said. Oxygen masks, which automatically pop out of ceiling panels if needed, didn’t deploy.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles ... bed-by-faa

holein1

Re: Southwest Air 737 Fuselage Crack, Pressure Loss - Forced To Fly Low Altitude

Post by holein1 » Sun Nov 08, 2020 1:20 pm

'm flying tomorrow from London Luton to Warsaw Chopin, LTN-WAW, flight number W61306. Departs 2pm GMT+1.

Is anyone able to track me please? And is anyone able to check their Flying Calmly app for the turbulence forecast for me please? I have android and couldn't see the app available to download. There's a thunderstorm in Warsaw tomorrow so I'm really nervous.

It's only a two hour flight but I keep getting waves of nausea and panic coming over me. I feel pure terror at the thought of being trapped that high up. My doctor refused to give me any valium as their guidelines in the UK say they're not allowed to prescribe it for fear of flying anymore.

So this is the first time I've done an unmedicated flight in about 5 years. I have some Kalms tablets but that's it. I just can't imagine myself actually getting on the plane at this point, I'm worried I'll back out last minute. But I'm flying to see my partner who I haven't seen in 2 months.